Sunday, July 10, 2011

London Market Business Cards





One of my favorite parts about London was the markets. Each has its own character, so I decided to make business cards to convey my impression of them. The first card is for Portobello Road Market. This one was filled with antiques, so I decided to make a cuckoo clock where I replaced the pine cones with mushrooms. It has a pull out map mimicking the signs used to help guide shoppers through the long road. The second set is for Camden Market. This market had 3 different areas Lock, Stables, and Buck Street. I wanted to keep the mark simple so that I could play with the elements to fit each section. The third, Old Spitalfields Market had little character and the only distinct thing that I found about it was that it was open every day. I make a mock calendar out of the words and the days that had themes (antiques, fashion) had that in the top section. The 4th is my favorite market, Borough. It is a foodie's dream and you can literally sample your way through the entire thing. There is cuisine of every type here. It is pretty self explanatory, but you will leave feeling quite full. The 5th, Brick Lane, was a vintage dominant market with fashion galore. I used a sewing model and measuring tape to flip between the hand made and the fashion feel.

No comments: