My dad started this tradition in my family. Every year he takes part of the Christmas tree (after its taken down, of course) and coats them to make them into ornaments. Its a way of keeping a piece of every Christmas and adding to the memories. My dad always does beautiful paintings on them and he even let us (the kids) test out the paints as we were growing up. I wouldn't call them masterpieces by any means. My dad continues to paint his and he recently started passing the tradition to me as well. I'm sure it has nothing to do with me being an art major. Anyway, for last year's tree (painted this year) I did the Grinch! Just a cute little memory to hang on the tree. I just love tradition! =)
Friday, January 7, 2011
Taylor Traditions
My dad started this tradition in my family. Every year he takes part of the Christmas tree (after its taken down, of course) and coats them to make them into ornaments. Its a way of keeping a piece of every Christmas and adding to the memories. My dad always does beautiful paintings on them and he even let us (the kids) test out the paints as we were growing up. I wouldn't call them masterpieces by any means. My dad continues to paint his and he recently started passing the tradition to me as well. I'm sure it has nothing to do with me being an art major. Anyway, for last year's tree (painted this year) I did the Grinch! Just a cute little memory to hang on the tree. I just love tradition! =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment