For this form and communication project we were told to find a song (no vocals) that we found inspiring and use different materials to illustrate what we hear. I chose BLKFLMNGO by Tristeza. The song has two basic instruments, a guitar and a drum. I chose to use only two colors to show this idea. Its very stringy and upbeat, which is why the colors are vibrant. I used thread and cut outs along with cut paper to illustrate the sound of the song. For the 12 inch vinyl I used the original composition that I made and then simplified it a bit on the back. For the 7 inch I just used string and cut outs to make the two relate without making the small one too busy. It was a lot of work but I'm really happy with how the whole thing turned out.
Monday, March 22, 2010
Vinyl Records: Sonic Form
For this form and communication project we were told to find a song (no vocals) that we found inspiring and use different materials to illustrate what we hear. I chose BLKFLMNGO by Tristeza. The song has two basic instruments, a guitar and a drum. I chose to use only two colors to show this idea. Its very stringy and upbeat, which is why the colors are vibrant. I used thread and cut outs along with cut paper to illustrate the sound of the song. For the 12 inch vinyl I used the original composition that I made and then simplified it a bit on the back. For the 7 inch I just used string and cut outs to make the two relate without making the small one too busy. It was a lot of work but I'm really happy with how the whole thing turned out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment